Summer Activities for College-Bound Students: How to Build a Strong Activity List
Summer is upon us, and for college-bound students, it's the perfect time to start building up a strong activity list for their applications. But with so many options out there, it can be overwhelming to figure out where to start. That's where Partnered Success College and Life Skills Coaching LLC comes in - we've compiled a list of the best summer activities for college-bound students to help you get started!
1. Volunteer Work: Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community while also building up valuable experience and skills. Look for opportunities at local nonprofits, hospitals, or community centers. Not only will you be helping others, but you'll also be able to showcase your commitment to service on your college applications.
2. Internships: Internships are a fantastic way to gain hands-on experience in your field of interest. Look for opportunities at local businesses or nonprofits, or check out online job boards like Indeed or LinkedIn. Not only will you gain valuable skills and experience, but you'll also be able to make connections in your field.
3. Summer Programs: Many colleges and universities offer summer programs for high school students, ranging from academic programs to sports camps. These programs are a great way to get a taste of college life, while also building up your skills and experience. Look for programs that align with your interests and goals.
4. Travel: Traveling is a great way to broaden your horizons and gain new perspectives. Whether you're traveling domestically or internationally, you'll be able to learn about different cultures, languages, and ways of life. Plus, you'll have plenty of stories to share on your college applications!
5. Personal Projects: Finally, don't discount the value of personal projects. Whether you're starting your own business, writing a book, or creating a piece of art, personal projects show initiative and creativity. They also allow you to explore your interests and passions in a deeper way.
We hope this list helps you get started on building up your activity list for college applications. Remember, it's not about doing everything - it's about finding the activities that align with your interests and goals and showcasing your commitment and dedication to them. Good luck!
Visit our website here for more information, or schedule a consultation with our expert coaches.